June 4, 2014
Posted in: Misc
1. The Mediterranean Mood Board Competition (the “Competition”) is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter, iCrossing Limited, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected to the Competition.
2. The Competition is open between 09.00 on Wednesday 4th June 2014 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on Friday 20th June 2014 (the “Competition Period). Entries which are submitted outside the Competition Period will not be eligible to win a prize.
3. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries which are delayed or lost due to technical reasons or which are incomplete entries, or errors arising from computable functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside the Promoter’s control. Proof of transmission of an entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter.
Your Competition entry
4. To enter the Competition, you must post your entry on one of the following blogs: http://lovechicliving.co.uk/ or http://www.theswellelife.com/ during the Competition Period. Your entry must be in the form of a collection of images which depicts the essence of one of Cunard’s Mediterranean destinations.
5. Only one entry is allowed per person and joint submissions are not allowed. The winners shall be the owners of the email address from which the selected winning entries are sent.
6. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
7. Your entry must not be copied and must not contain any third-party images that you do not have permission to use. Your entry must not include any trade marks (other than those belonging to the Promoter), and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, be defamatory, distasteful, offensive or obscene, and must not be in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If we have reason to believe your entry is in breach of this paragraph 7 then we may disqualify you.
8. If your entry features an image of an individual, the entrant confirms that they have given consent for the use of their image in connection with this Competition. If your entry features an individual who is under 18, the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
9. We may disqualify your Competition entry for the following reasons: your entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions; you have not obtained the consents detailed in paragraph 8 above; you are not eligible to enter the Competition; or you cannot be contacted. In the event of disqualification, we may select a new winner in accordance with the selection processes outlined below.
10. By submitting an entry to the Competition, you give:
b. The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
The judging criteria and the prizes
11. A panel of judges, will select 3 winning entries from all valid entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. The winning entries will be those which the judging panel decide are the most interesting, original and/or creative of the valid entries which are received. The judges’ decision shall be final. Only one winner per household.
13. The winners will receive:
a) 1st Prize: £1,000 worth of John Lewis vouchers
b) 2nd Prize: £500 worth of John Lewis vouchers
c) 3rd Prize: £250 worth of John Lewis vouchers
13. The prizes will be sent to the winners by Monday 30th June 2014. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and no alternative prizes are available.
14. The winners will be notified by email on or after Friday 27th June 2014 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner fails to respond within 14 days of being notified of their win (or does not provide sufficient details to allow the Promoter to administer the Competition properly), the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond adequately within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of the prize in the event of non-compliance by any winner with these Terms & Conditions.
16. The name and county of the winners will be published on http://lovechicliving.co.uk/ and http://www.theswellelife.com/on or before Friday 27th June 2014 and such information shall remain available until Friday 25th July 2014.
17. The winners may be requested to take part in publicity connected to this Competition. By entering the Competition you confirm that you are willing to participate in any reasonable publicity activity which the Promoter requests.
19. Entry to the Competition signifies acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of England & Wales.
20. Promoter: Carnival plc, whose principal place of business is Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST.