Interactive Transatlantic Crossing

Interactive Transatlantic Crossing – first 2 days at sea

August 11, 2013

Laura

Posted in: Interactive Transatlantic Crossing

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well and you have been keeping up with me on Facebook and Twitter! If you have, you’ll know I spent yesterday morning in the Canyon Ranch Spa, and then went to enjoy Afternoon Tea, which is why I’ve only just got round to writing this blog – I’ve been having too much fun on board Queen Mary 2!

On Friday, Windsor and I spent the day getting to know our way around the ship. We had lunch in the Golden Lion pub where Windsor tried to encourage me to have a drink that he claims was named after him. As I was enjoying a lunch of sausage and mash, I heard someone say ‘there he is!’ – it seems lots of people on board know all about my travelling companion.

After lunch I relaxed for an hour in the Commodore Club, before heading back to my stateroom to get ready for our first formal night on board. I was dining in Todd English, which if you were checking in on my tweets, you would have seen how much I was enjoying it. I started with Todd English’s famous Love Letters, which were quite simply, beautiful, before enjoying two smaller portions of the breaded pork chop and the chicken – I couldn’t decide what to have, and I have to say I couldn’t fault the chef for accommodating me and my indecisiveness, and both entrees were superb. For dessert though, I didn’t need to look twice at the menu – I love chocolate, so I couldn’t resist the Chocolate Fallen Cake. It was delicious! After dinner, I went to the Queens Room where the Black & White Ball was in full swing with the band playing and our guests, all dressed to the nines, were ballroom dancing.

Yesterday started with breakfast in bed, before I headed to the Canyon Ranch Spa for some relaxation time, following the advice of our Facebook fans. Windsor joined me – as you can see from the photo below, although I thought it best that he waited on the lounger while I relaxed in the jacuzzi! It was very tempting to stay, but in the afternoon I had a ticket for the Planetarium, so I compromised by returning afterwards.

At 4pm I met with Queen Mary 2’s Food & Beverage Manager for Afternoon Tea in the Queens Room – sandwich fingers, cakes, scones with jam and clotted cream, as well as Twinings tea were served by white-gloved waiters – the perfect way to spend an afternoon on board Queen Mary 2 while sailing to New York.

Today, I’ll be going behind the scenes on board Queen Mary 2 as I am joining the back of house tour. I’ll also be having lunch with the crew, so make sure you follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for your glimpse behind the scenes on a Transatlantic Crossing!

1. Michelle says:

Love reading the updates! Any QM2 voyage sounds amazing! Someday I hope to be able to do the Transatlantic crossing too.. Can’t wait to read more!

2. Annette Lundmark says:

Planning to make the trip ourselves next year so it’s good to follow your adventures and see what is in store for us.

3. Ian Chorley says:

Is that brown soup named after the bear !!

4. Ann Wilkinson says:

Hello Laura, I am glad you are enjoying your cruise, I had my hair re-styled on the Queen Mary and they then did a Portrate Photo of me, it is a well worth try.
    How can I get the teddy bear, my steiff bear who always comes with me has all his brooches and up to platinum member, my friend and I are gold members, the bear caused quite an uproar on the ship, he is dressed in his evening suit!
    I will pay you for a bear called Windsor if at all possible.
    Trouble is with cruises they all come to and end too quickly but leave lasting memories.
    Kind wishes
    Ann x

5. judith says:

Not all of us “do” Facebook and twitter etc, so please keep up the blog on this site. Your blog brings back happy memories of our first trip, we did it the other way.

6. I am so pleased your first Cunard experience is aboard QM2 and that you can share that through the interactive blog. My husband and I first travelled on Cunard in 2009, we crossed the Atlantic twice in a month, and we have been sailing with Cunard ever since.
    Please feel free to have a look at my blog to read some of my many Cunard adventures.

Cheers, and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Genevieve
    (aka Life In Camelot)

7. Genevieve says:

Forgot to put in the link to my blog – please have a look at the cruising stories I have written too – http://lifeincamelot.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/vale-sir-david-frost-and-that-was-the-week-that-was/

Trackbacks for this post

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'tz_list_pings' not found or invalid function name in /nfs/c10/h05/mnt/143261/domains/wearecunard.com/html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1336