February 8, 2013
Posted in: Queen Mary 2
Valentine’s Day is approaching, and what better way to spend it than on board Queen Mary 2. There are so many romantic things to do; it’s the perfect way to spend a special day.
Here are our top 5 things to do at sea on Valentine’s Day…
- Take a walk around the deck before enjoying afternoon tea in the Queens Room.
- Indulge in one of our signature Canyon Ranch massages for a relaxing and pampering afternoon.
- Dress up for a black tie candle-lit dinner for two in the evening.
- After a romantic meal, head to the magnificent Royal Court Theatre to watch a musical, or watch a movie in Illuminations.
- Finish the night ballroom dancing in the Queens Room or dancing in our nightclub, G32.
As well as all of that, why not treat your loved one to some flowers or a bottle of wine, delivered to their stateroom? Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a dozen red roses.
If you’re getting married, there’s also nothing more romantic than holding your ceremony on board Queen Mary 2 on her Transatlantic Crossing to New York. The Transatlantic Crossing is the perfect combination of marrying Mid-Atlantic and then honeymooning in the most exciting city in the world, New York. While you’re there take in all there is to see and do in New York – watch a show on Broadway, marvel at the Statue of Liberty and take in the breathtaking panoramic views from the top of the Empire State Building, which has to be one of the most popular places to propose.
There are fewer places that compare to one of our Queens for timeless romance, so getting married on board is one way of making your day memorable. Our Wedding Package includes a romantic ceremony in an elegant venue conducted by the Captain. If you’re already married, you can also renew your vows on board one of our Queens, or celebrate your anniversary in style.
Our three Queens are currently on their world voyages, making Valentine’s Day even more special… We wonder whether there will be any romantic Valentine’s Day proposals inspired by last year’s proposal on board:
Have you celebrated Valentine’s Day on board with us – we’d love to hear what you did to make your day extra special, so do let us know below!