Queen Elizabeth’s Maiden Call to Liverpool – Video Part 1

September 14, 2011

Hello All

Thank you to so many for making such positive comments on my report of our visit to Liverpool last week. Often people ask me ‘What is a blog – what does it do?’ Well I think those that read our blog on the visit and those that made such warm remarks about their own experiences in return demonstrate just what blogs are for – a way of us conversing with our loyal and future guests and bringing to life some of the many experiences of Cunard.

Well – as promised – we have two videos to help share the remarkable day in Liverpool. The first one paints a picture of the day and why Liverpool is our spiritual home – and I do hope you enjoy it. The second will follow later in the week – and that will share with you just what we got up to in the Cathedral – not one to miss.

I am also pleased that in both videos you will meet our new Entertainment Director on Queen Elizabeth – Keith Maynard. Here we go……

Back soon with the second half of the story. That’s all for now.

Best regards

Peter

1. LeAnne Zaske says:

What a wonderful experience it was to part of this voyage. There were so many memories made that I will never forget! Thank you Cunard!!

2. Claire Moody says:

Lovely to see Keith again on his new home Queen Elizabeth. Looking forward to the next blog.

It was great to meet Keith again when we sailed recently on the Late Summer Getaway. The video is a great watch and look forward to the second part.

4. judith sayers says:

Has Keith transferred permanently from the Victoria, where we met him? Where is Amanda? looking forward to the next blog.

5. Claire Moody says:

Judith – Keith is currently covering for Amanda as she takes a well earned rest. I believe he is back on Victoria in October.

6. Bill Bradbury says:

Excellent video which covered all the places I mentioned in my blog. Off to see the QM2′s arrival which judging by its current position will be around 11-12am Peter it can’t be far off its refit. Any newson this? It was exactly a year ago when we were on it on the NY-Quebec-NY-Southampton cruise. A wonderful time which went too quickly.

7. Malcolm Ranson says:

Brilliant Video and a Brilliant visit to Liverpool last week which my wife and I were on, where I live – just wandered down from our appartment to see QM2 which arrived this morning.

8. Bill Bradbury says:

QM2 arrival was greeted with 1000′s lining the River-5 deep behind me and many other advantage points and that was only the North side of the River. What a pirouette in the Mersey!!-inch perfect. Is it true that plans are afoot to get all three Cunards into the Mersey on its 150th Anniversary 2015 I think? Must book that trip.

9. Paul Cunane says:

Brilliant Peter and well done to Keith, who appears to have settled down in the Cunard family !
    As a former Liverpool lad these Cunard visits make me feel proud.
    Many thanks Cunard for the new Cunard year book thats on the way .

10. Kay Fall says:

Well we have been on three ‘Queens’ maiden voyages also the penultimate cuise of QE2, but oh how I wish we had been on the trip into Liverpool and the visit to the Cathedral, it seems that it was a very emotional time. Glad to hear that QM2 got a good welcome too, was anything special done for that trip

11. Steven Trembath says:

Peter, do check out this superb video of the fireworks on You Tube: http://youtu.be/Iqik5kymS_I

Regards, Steve Trembath